REQ ID: 2784
LOCATION: Imlay City, MI 48444
Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and
Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for leading and coordinating all aspects of food manufacturing within a manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Develop, implement and ensure adherence to processes that drive continuous improvement in the areas of Employee Safety, Product Quality & Safety, Environmental Compliance, Customer Service and Cost.
• Ensure manufacturing plans that align with inventory goals and support strategic deployment of resources in support of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
• Sustain plant SQF System Certification, where applicable, and provide resources to that purpose for the full scope of certification.
• Maintain oversight responsibility for all programs associated with food quality and food safety.
• Monitor manufacturing plan performance, ensuring identification of variances and effective corrective actions.
• Develop relevant performance metrics that encourage exceptional results.
• Perform regular analysis as a means for highlighting opportunities.
• Build brand quality through compliance to specification, HAACP and OMT programs.
• Ensure regulatory compliance.
• Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
• Lead manufacturing activities to ensure financial objectives are met.
• Function as a member of the senior management team and play a key role in strategic business decisions affecting manufacturing, sales, and financial results.
• Develop capital plans and ensure capital expenditures support manufacturing and corporate goals and business growth initiatives, as well as provide a strong return on investment.
• Drive cost containment initiatives.
• Participate in S&OP processes and meetings, as appropriate.
• Support all involved departments and external customers to ensure attainment of customer goals and objectives.
• Receive and analyze customer feedback and consumer complaints, utilizing data to drive improvement initiatives.
• Help management identify and develop relationships with vendors and customers.
• Support development and implementation of new product plans and new customer product launches.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, including OSHA, DNR & EPA regulations.
• Direct the development, administration and maintenance of safety programs and compliance activities.
• Direct and participate in plant audits designed to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
Individual and Team Development
• Ensure the existence of a work environment conducive to teams and teamwork.
• Ensure Succession and Organizational Development plans are developed and maintained for the plant location.
• Coach teams and individuals for better results.
This position provides direct supervision to plant operations management, as well as direct or indirect supervision to plant support department management.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, required.
• Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, with a concentration in Food Science, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent, preferred.
• Masters in Business Administration, or equivalent, preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of Operations Leadership (management) experience in a complex, fast paced manufacturing environment, required.
• Management experience in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, including familiarity with SQF Systems, preferred.
• Experience with statistical analysis and practical application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) on the shop floor, required.
• Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience driving business results in the areas of Employee Safety, Product Quality & Safety, Environmental Compliance, Customer Service and Cost.
• Experience developing and executing against operating budgets and capital plans, within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience leading the development and successful implementation of complex projects in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience leading and working with a diverse group of people.
• Experience with union negotiations, grievance resolution and labor relations, strongly preferred.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment for results.
Change Agent”, with a demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” and a proven talent for driving innovative solutions and ideas.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information, evaluate risk, and employ excellent judgment in making effective and timely decisions.
• Demonstrated flexibility, versatility and negotiation skills necessary to operate with organizational savvy across functional work teams.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, motivate and positively influence others.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high expectations for self and others.
• Demonstrated ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving, project management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent customer focus, both internal and external.
• Knowledge of computer applications as they relate to work, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and Project) applications.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. - 17 months ago