GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Operations Leader will provide the organizational leadership and hands on management required to achieve operations objectives for a ‘book and bill’, catalogue sales driven, integrated circuit card and software products, design and manufacturing enterprise. These include managing all manufacturing activities, ownership of product line operations metrics and process improvement, as well as site operations activities such as EHS, facilities maintenance, and regulatory compliance.
- Direct leadership responsibility for all production operations, including personnel management, sourcing, manufacturing, returns/repair/rework, shipping and receiving, inventory, planning,& scheduling for Avionics bus interface and analysis product line Goleta CA Plant.
- Build/maintain processes that ensure collaboration at all levels with adjacent organization / functions including Technology, Supplier Quality, Product Regulatory compliance, Sourcing, Finance, etc.
- Guide all business objectives in attainment of cost out/deflation, customer fulfillment/satisfaction, and quality goals through the use of Six Sigma and LEAN methodology and tools
- Define and manage operations processes including migration to SAP
- Strategically plan staffing needs to optimize labor efficiency
- Establish daily and weekly communication routines in the site to drive awareness and ownership
- Must be able to maintain an effective and motivated workforce and provide Quality leadership
- Define, review and support business metrics. Drive Quarterly revenue by optimizing shipments.
- Identify and drive productivity projects to meet operating plan, quality objectives and impact business objectives
- Must have demonstrated ability as a change agent combined with the ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Set the standard for promoting a culture of positive employee relations and respect and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Drive Environmental Health & Safety focus in order to build the strongest possible culture of safety, compliance and productive manufacturing.
- Promote GE values and integrity within the facility.
- Lead and provide guidance to plant staff to ensure individual efforts are aligned with goals of the plant.
- Support and drive community actions and positive Plant relations within the local community.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering, Operations Management , or comparable technical curriculum
- Minimum 5 years of PWA/PWB electronics manufacturing leadership experience.
- Experience operating within ISO 9001 and/or AS9100
- MRP/Materials experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and leader and have the self-confidence to resolve multi functional issues
- Highly motivated self starter with creative problem solving and proven leadership capabilities
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with MAS200
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Business
- Six Sigma/Lean Black Belt certification
- Proven record of measurable accomplishments showing business impact
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Proven ability to directly and effectively deal with customers on both technical and / or delivery issues
- Proven ability to influence and drive effective change
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...