For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit
Plant Manager – Billings, MT
ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc. – a fully-owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company and a leading producer of livestock feeds and supplements serving livestock operations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager at our Johnstown, CO liquid feed production facility.
This position has overall responsibility for the daily operations of the plant and warehouse.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Ensure employees are completing assignments as required and they have the necessary tools and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Participate in employee meetings offering advice and support and makes the final decision on all personnel issues (i.e. hiring, discipline, termination, etc.).
- Work closely with Customer Service and Purchasing departments to help resolve problems with customers, customer service, and sales personnel.
- Work closely with Quality to help implement food safety/sanitation/quality programs to ensure that the facility is compliant with the law, regulatory requirements, and company programs along with continuously looking for improvements in QA programs.
- Work to find new and more efficient ways to manufacture, ship, and control costs to help add value to ADM and the shareholders.
- Participate in all safety programs, initiatives, and meetings and promote safety/quality first.
- Ensure facility is operating at best capacity and all equipment and inventory assets are maintained appropriately.
Requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent management experience) and 3-5 years of supervisory experience (in related industry preferred) with a proven ability to evaluate and reach reasonable conclusions.
Additional requirements include:
Superior written and verbal communication skills;
Self-motivated with the ability to manage time and priorities, work independently and objectively, and interact with individuals and groups;
Demonstrated ability to present material with energy and enthusiasm to motivate and influence people;
Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
Relocation required for growth and self improvement.
Relocation assistance is available with this role.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Archer Daniels Midland - 15 months ago