JOB TITLE: Plant Manager
LOCATION: Easthampton, MA
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations – Blow Molding East
- Foster and enhance safety culture to achieve safety excellence.
- Provide operational and employee leadership to the Easthampton, MA facility.
- Responsible for overall performance, efficiency and competitive service level of the facility.
- Manage financial performance and make required change as needed to meet business commitments.
- Manage all aspects of plant cost structure including direct and indirect labor, maintenance and consumable spending and will proactively control in accordance to business volume swings to preserve profitability.
- Responsible for overall plant budgeting, production statistics, cost analysis, justification of capital expenditures and asset management.
- Coordinate the effective utilization of production capacity, staffing and equipment through planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Partner with Department Managers and Human Resources to develop and maintain a positive culture consistent with Berry Plastics values.
- Encourage, motivate, and support the development of plant employees.
- Lead process improvement and cost savings efforts.
- Responsible for incorporating ISO principles into daily quality culture.
- Assure compliance with state and federal regulatory matters including OSHA, EPA, and EEO.
- Overall management responsibility for the implementation of mandatory and best practices for cost savings safety compliance and reduced employee hazard exposure.
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction through improving efficiencies and processes to provide on-time delivery and meet customer quality and cost expectations.
- Ensure the protection of company assets through appropriate maintenance methodologies.
- Monitor raw materials and supplies on hand to ensure adequate supply and company directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in leading a progressive manufacturing facility with previous Plant Manager experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, data driven, excellent organization skills with a proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation, verbal and written.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and provide direction in a positive manner.
- Proven ability to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity and take appropriate action.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Plastic molding with extrusion, off-set printing processes and plastic squeeze tube experience a plus
If you are interested in this position, please apply.
Berry Plastics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package which includes Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Profit Sharing and more.