Job Opening: Plant Manager
Position Summary: The position will be responsible for the profitable manufacturing and quality of products produced in our Columbia, MO site.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have significant food manufacturing experience, familiar with Food Safety, GMP, and SOP’s.
- Work within Operations and Quality, while in support of Supply Chain to optimize process effectiveness on Safety, GMP, Quality& Food Safety, Service and Cost
- Support EHS efforts, implementing proactive corrective actions to identified possible safety hazards
- Provide Technical Leadership on new and existing processes, including design, introduction, continuous improvement and support to specifications
- Constantly drive process robustness initiatives, including FMEA, Six Sigma, Technological enhancements, cost reductions, OpEx and materials optimization
- Manage constraints to maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, Root Cause Analysis, driving corrective actions
- Lead all quality assurance functions of start-up business/manufacturing plant in support of rapid expansion plan.
- Authentication, oversight, document preparation, and final validation of Company HACCP plan and other related programs (Internal Audit, GMPs, SPC).
- Actively manage any quality-related customer complaints and constantly monitor product attributes to assure product quality is at specified standards. Includes meeting customers’ written product standards and COA documentation.
- Consistently review product quality data and notify Senior Plant Management and broader team of any inconsistencies, determining mutual path to solutions.
- Required to provide all external auditors with needed materials and information, follow-up via written responses where applicable and coordinate supplemental plant visits.
- Implement and oversee Company sanitation program and related procedures for pre-production, production and shutdown periods.
- Initiate environmental testing and microbiological control program for Company.
- Maintain highly specific weight and ingredient monitoring system that meets requirements for all food labeling and auditing programs.
- Confirm the shelf-life of frozen packaged products shipped to customers.
- Work in conjunction with partner researchers to verify attributes of cooked products.
- Oversee plant pest control program.
- Work closely with executive management on proactively improving quality assurance program.
- Work closely with Marketing, R&D and Operations on new product introduction
- Monitor day to day manufacturing for SOP execution, assisting the operation with any required support
- Knowledge of MS Office and Project are essential
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.