Responsible for managing various aspects of the Columbia Basin Blends plant to provide products that meet quality, cost, volume and service criteria. Defines and presents to operations management the plant's viewpoints and recommendations on long-term operating goals and programs. Defines and directs the administration of plant policies within the framework and intent of the company's manufacturing policy. Formulates short- and long-term operating objectives in areas such as: cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration as undertaken at the plant level. Develops and implements plans to assure achievement of appropriate volume of production for each product produced. Ensures product quality meets established standards and that costs are within budget limits. Ensures that shipping schedules for finished goods meets customer requirements. Establishes and maintains favorable plant company-community relationships through active participation in community affairs. Position Responsibilities
Develop and administer annual plant operational budget and planning process. Oversee facility financial performance and recommend improvements to increase the facility ROI.
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Food Science, Engineering, Industrial Management, or related field required
- Develop Operation Effectiveness plans for improving systems with the use of CPS, Project Advantage and ConAgra’s Must Do’s and Lamb Weston Imperatives.
- Drive innovation and set a vision for future growth while working with potential outside customers for product development.
- Effectively interact with customers, handle key customer visits, and address sensitive customer inquiries or complaints.
- Analyze and interpret operational and financial documents and provide upper management with recommendations based on information contained within and provide proper financial and performance reporting.
- Effectively present complex topics to senior management, public groups, and direct reports regarding plant initiatives, objectives, Product Quality, and future business opportunities.
- Provide oversight needed to ensure that CBB production plans align with internal and external customer production demands and that deliveries are on time and to order specification. Position Qualifications
10 years related experience, to include at least six years in a management role at a formulated foods facility required
Experience at a blending facility preferred along with firsthand knowledge of bakery processes
Proven leadership skills in organizations of at least 100 employees or more
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probability analysis and statistical inference, along with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases
Experience in unit cost budgets, inventory control, and production scheduling
Strong PC skills, to include Windows, Word, and Excel.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adjust style to meet needs of the intended receiver of the information
Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
ConAgra Foods - 21 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...