- Supervises, directs and coordinates personnel activities concerned with production. This would involve but not be limited to knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, standards, and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the plant’s annual budget as well as carrying out the annual strategic plans of the facility
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and quality standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities along with procurement, maintenance, production planning, safety and quality control activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment resources.
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes on non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems.
- Through collaboration and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Revises production schedule as necessary.
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production or procedures to all shifts and employees.
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct reports.
- Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing environment (aluminum metal packaging background would be ideal).
- At least 12 years of progressive job responsibilities working in a manufacturing setting.
- At least 5 years in a managerial role, specifically at a plant manager or plant superintendent level.
- Bachelors level degree in the general fields of engineering or business (a masters degree would be a bonus).
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific problems.
- Working knowledge of SPC, Six Sigma, 5S, SMED and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of PC’s and software programs Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of manufacturing.
- Some understanding of HR/IR laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to create employee training and development plans and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Career goals should be manufacturing area manager and beyond.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their day.
- Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to delegate.
- Proven commitment to quality and safety.
- Desire and ability to travel and relocate if career opportunities arise.
Crown Holdings - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing...