The Plant Manager is responsible for overall plant operations. Together with the department managers, supervisors, and plant resources, the Plant Manager shall insure that sales commitments of the Company are fulfilled with the highest quality in an efficient, safe and profitable manner.
· Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures.
· Maintain a clean and safe plant.
· Establish and direct plant policies and procedures.
· Responsible for meeting plant production goals.
· Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
· Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
· Organize and give direction to department heads to ensure coordination of production, maintenance and shipping.
· Responsible for establishing all shift production schedules.
· Select and train plant supervisory and administrative staff.
· Conduct department management performance reviews and insure all plant performance reviews are completed.
· Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
· Responsible for the product quality control for the plant.
· Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
· Review and approve supply and purchase requisitions as required.
· Coordinate and direct the Company’s resources to resolve “in-house” and customer related problems. Insure root cause is determined and positive corrective action is taken.
· Define budgetary needs, both capital and personnel, required to support the company objectives.
· Insure that company safety objectives are met.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· A Minimum High School Diploma and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired.
· A minimum of 10 years related management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is required.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business will reduce the experience required to seven (7) years.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Must be a self-starter, willing to make sound decisions, and initiate action without prior counseling or direction.
· Must possess the technical knowledge and personal integrity to earn the respect of subordinates.
· Management skills are needed to be able to direct the daily operations of the facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· Must be able to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
· Must be able to sit at a desk and operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency, for indefinite periods of time.
· Must be able to stand/walk around the facility on a continual basis to monitor production.
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing and/or office environment.
· Must be able to work with noise, heat, dust and hazardous chemicals.
· Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
· May be required to travel to other locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 7 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...