Imerys, global leader in mineral processing, is hiring a Plant Manager for it's manufacturing operation in Langley, SC. This individual will d irect and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, safety, and other production-related activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage plant operations for safety, environmental, production, maintenance, quality, and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with production supervisor to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Monitor and streamline plant and mining operations to optimize utilization, throughput, and cost.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenses, headcount, and wages.
- Management over capital assets.
- Establish and manage plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control expenses for overtime and maintenance repairs.
- Maintain plant equipment and facility.
- Investigate new opportunities for increasing revenue and profitability.
Skills and Attributes Requirements
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with access, excel, word, powerpoint. IFS experience preferred.
IMERYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...