SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:|
Plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing and support functions to meet company safety, cost, quality, and on-time delivery objectives.
1. Responsible for meeting or exceeding the following company objectives: safety, cost, quality, and on-time delivery.
2. Plan and execute production schedules and manpower assignments to meet sales/shipment requirements.
3. Initiate plans and processes which minimize production costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, materials, and methods. Assure the production complies with company quality and operational standards.
4. Works with the Director of Operations on budgets and strategic planning. Responsible for operating the plant to budget and other operating metrics.
5. Justify and approve overtime to meet production goals, shipping goals, and company objectives.
6. Maintain a clean and safe work environment through the use of 6S strategies. Meet or exceed safety and housekeeping expectations.
7. Work with the Human Resources Department to interview and select personnel to fill production positions with the objective of creating and maintaining an effective workforce.
8. Consistently and fairly evaluate employees based on performance and make recommendations/authorize merit wage increases.
9. Be accountable for efficiency achieved against production rates and quality of production. Coach personnel and lead the efficient and economical manufacture of all company products.
10. Supervise to ensure that all manufacturing tasks performed are assigned to the most economical level at which the task can be accomplish competently.
11. Work with other departments to ensure coordination of planning to meet plant objectives.
12. Through the Maintenance Supervisor, direct and coordinate workload and job assignments of the Maintenance Department.
13. Administer established policy, rules, and procedures to insure they are followed.
14. In conjunction with Human Resource department, provide for effective employer-employee relationships and promote appropriate training and educational programs. Take an active role in maintaining the morale of the production-working group.
15. Approve monthly efficiency bonus for all Production Employees.
16. Confers with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to assure designs utilize the best manufacturing processes.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS :
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Four year degree preferred with a minimum of five (5) years management experience in a tight tolerance manufacturing environment.
2. Ability to train and motivate personnel.
3. Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
4. Strong background in machining and assembly.
5. Excellent computer skills required.
6. Common sense approach to production problems and ability to implement change when necessary.
7. Ability to manage multiple priorities accurately, effectively and efficiently.
8. Good communications skills – written and oral. Must have very strong interpersonal skills to deal with all types of employees.
9. Requires good technical and problem solving skills.