Lang Mekra North America is a world class designer and manufacturer of rear view vision technology. For more than 60 years, Lang Mekra has been a major tier 1 supplier to the original equipment medium and heavy duty truck manufacturers, and agriculture, construction and off-road equipment manufacturers. Located north east of Columbia, South Carolina, Lang Mekra is the recognized leader in premium rear view mirror & vision systems.
We are seeking an experienced Plant Manager who will play a key role on the management team to organize and coordinate the priorities of the business plan and ensure products are manufactured to meet internal goals while meeting all customer quality and delivery expectations. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven ability to manage people, process, programs and projects.
This position is responsible to:
- Oversee operational output, productivity, safety and organization of manufacturing.
- Resolve production, quality, tooling or other issues directly affecting current and future production or customer schedules.
- Executes daily production schedules from master scheduling, identifies manpower requirements, and ensures attainment.
- Monitors performance of team members and provides guidance to improve performance through training and other means.
- Communicate department goals and objectives aimed at improving productivity, quality, and delivery.
- Ensures organizations policies are communicated, applied, and enforced.
- Participates in continuous improvement of all processes within manufacturing to ensure sustainability.
- Manage direct & indirect labor staffing.
Lang Mekra provides competitive compensation and a benefits package which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, flexible spending account.
- Bachelors degree, technical major preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Effective communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Working knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while being complete and thorough in all interactions
- 5-7 years manufacturing experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Tier 1 truck/automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite & ERP/QAD EE.
- 17 months ago - save job