The Plant Manager for the Lubrication Technologies, Inc. Custom Brands Division will plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of the functions for the Custom Brands manufacturing plant. The Plant Manager will provide leadership to direct daily activities of production personnel with an emphasis on safety, quality, customer service and creating a continuous improvement culture. They will directly support resources required to improve overall operations of the facility and create work standards and measures performance based on setting internal objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Manages the plant’s operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Implements programs to ensure attainment of strategic plan for growth and profit.
- Implements improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and development to subordinates and other employees.
- Develops adequate plans for the control of planned outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness and quality assurance.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Develops plans for new areas of technology for manufacturing.
- Responsible to bring the foundation of manufacturing (5S, 6S, Lean) programs to a high level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for driving production efficiencies while maintaining the highest standards of product quality across the plant operations.
- A minimum of 8 successful years of progressive operational and managerial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement. Black or Green belt or other LEAN certification preferred.
- Experience in an ISO environment.
- Familiar with OSHA, MPCA, other governing agencies.
- Experience with Preventive and Predictive Maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work to and meet tight deadlines and goals while not losing creative ingenuity.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Action-oriented, results-focused individual with can-do attitude.
- Confident about own skills and expertise, yet willing to learn new things.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Self-starter, able to work effectively in an environment with minimal structure.
- Strong common sense and real-world business judgment.
- Hands-on approach yet comfortable working at a strategic level.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business discipline is required and an advanced degree is attractive.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills – principles and people.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Power Point and be experience and familiarity of manufacturing software systems with the ability to learn company’s ERP system.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional Medical Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(K) Plan with Company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We believe there is no company with the exclusive product mix we offer and we confidently know there is no other company with the commitment...