The Plant Manager leads a focused manufacturing center specializing in the production of fused quartz products (tubing, crucible and rod) sold to customers in the semiconductor and lighting industries. The Plant Manager is responsible for all performance aspects of the site, including safety, production efficiencies, quality, cost and delivery. This position will report to the Senior Director of Operations of the Quartz business.
This position will be responsible for the Newark, Ohio facility of approximately 240 production technicians.
The Plant Manager's team will consist of five direct reports and a total of 12 salaried associates.
Directs, manages and coordinates all activities related to operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers: |
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of operations managers, engineers and technicians toward site and business goals in Safety, Production Efficiencies, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Ensure all established cost, quality and delivery commitments are met.
- Develop operations plans that include cost, volume and resource requirements to meet both external and internal customers.
- Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including staffing requirements, material needs, sub-contractor requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment essentials.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
- Eliminate at-risk conditions and behaviors at the site to continuously improve the team's environmental, health, and safety performance. Maintain a solid environmental performance and compliance towards all aspects of this Title V Plant (Air, Water and Waste, etc.)
- Lead team in Lean Six Sigma projects towards lead time reduction, yield improvement, improved effective cash-flow utilization and overall process excellence.
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new emerging products.
- Reduce customer complaints through solid root cause and corrective action analysis.
- Develop key supplier relationships for consistent and reliable logistics.
- Interface with several business disciplines including Technology, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain and IT.
- Preview analysis of sales, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward the Company's goals and objectives.
- Confer with the President and Senior Director of Operations and other Managers to review achievements and discuss required changes in business objectives resulting from current status and market conditions.
- Minimum five years of experience managing in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong working knowledge of the Six Sigma Process.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven ability to work with a non-union workforce.
- Six Sigma Certification with solid statistical analysis and problem-solving expertise.
- Excellent proficiency in all Microsoft applications.
- Ability to conduct formal training classes and develop and deliver training.
- Self Starter/Motivator
- Positive "can-do" work attitude and proactively seek best practices.
- Ability to analyze plant accidents and injuries and identify data to identify trends.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills to drive a positive work environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
BS in Engineering
MBA or Masters Degree in related fields.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates are required to submit an application for employment through momentive.com, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
momentive - 16 months ago