Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 40,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Directs and coordinates overall operations for the processing plant. Ensures that objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. Delegates authority to key supervisors in production, production control, methods, cost accounting, maintenance, and related operations. Directs all functions involved such as maintenance, manufacturing, production, purchasing, accounting, and administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintains plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assures effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Selects, trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operation.
- Assures compliance of all plant operations with company policy and federal, state, and local regulations.
- May set production and processing goals for plant.
Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience in a poultry processing plant.
High School Diploma/GED; Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.