Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
Socotherm currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Plant Manager , located in our Channelview,
Texas facility, to apply his or her skills within a dynamic and growing company in the Oil and Gas industry.
Position Summary :
The Plant Manager is primarily responsible for the leadership and management of all operating activities and functions related to the Channelview, Texas facility. The facility employs approximately 200 and supports major offshore FA projects and distribution business out of the Gulf Coast area.
The purpose of the role is to ensure safe operations (IIF workplace), quality production with on-time delivery/logistics, achievement of expected contribution margins/profitability, reliable systems and financial/cost reporting, positive employee relations and a culture of continuous improvement. To accomplish its purpose the role must work effectively with all stakeholders impacting the site.
Key Responsibilities :
· Provide visible leadership to improve operating practices and culture around continuous improvement and IIF operations
· Oversee HSE, production, quality assurance/control, material handling/storage and maintenance functions including all facility planning, scheduling, project management to best practice standards
· Select, coach, train and manage all site staff to ensure work is performed in a safe and effective manner
· Manage new product introduction into the site including testing, trials, production and logistics planning, documentation and training
· Budget, plan and complete facility/capital and equipment upgrades/installation and continuous improvement programs
· Implement the ShawCor operating and SMS system within production and supporting areas of the business
· Represent the site in planning and recommendations for new business and project completion
· Conduct meetings and facility tours for customers and company personnel to position the site as a quality provider of coating operations
· Prepare annual site operating plan/budget including cost reduction initiatives
· Maintain effective financial, job costing and employee records in coordination with finance, payroll and HR functions
· Completion of a college degree, preferably in Engineering or Operations Management
· Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a plant and/or operations role with a demonstrated ability to manage both people and operations to deliver results
· Knowledge of manufacturing technology, materials and processing applications, machanical systems, material handling systems, and workflow optimization
· Experience in selecting, defining roles, coaching/developing and performance managing a cross-functional site leadership team
· Ability to align teams using mission, vision and values
· Experience leading change and integration between operations
· Knowledge of HSE regulations in USA
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
ShawCor Ltd. - 13 months ago