Directs all activities at the Stockton Distribution Center through subordinate managers. Manages day-to-day operations and plays a key role in the development and implementation of system-wide process improvements, equipment enhancements, facility plans, and other executive initiatives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or closely related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, approximately five (5) – seven (7) years directly related work experience may be substituted.
- Approximately ten (10) – twelve (12) years related management experience with increasing responsibilities in warehouse and distribution center operations.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of dry grocery, frozen food, and non-food warehouses.
- Knowledge of personal computers and associated business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
- Broad knowledge of logistics and transportation.
- Team building and facilitation skills demonstrated by the performance of assigned teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems as they occur and achieve results by working in partnership with staff and company management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff. Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others.
Unified Grocers (Unified) is the largest retailer-owned wholesale grocery cooperative in the western United States. Our talented team of...