Directs all activities at the Stockton Distribution Center through subordinate managers. Manages day-to-day operations and plays a key role in the development and implementation of system-wide process improvements, equipment enhancements, facility plans, and other executive initiatives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or closely related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, approximately five (5) – seven (7) years directly related work experience may be substituted.
- Approximately ten (10) – twelve (12) years related management experience with increasing responsibilities in warehouse and distribution center operations.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of dry grocery, frozen food, and non-food warehouses.
- Knowledge of personal computers and associated business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
- Broad knowledge of logistics and transportation.
- Team building and facilitation skills demonstrated by the performance of assigned teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems as they occur and achieve results by working in partnership with staff and company management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff. Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others.
Unified Grocers - 15 months ago
Unified Grocers (Unified) is the largest retailer-owned wholesale grocery cooperative in the western United States. Our talented team of...