The Plant Operations Director maintains responsibility for all maintenance and housekeeping functions within an assisted living community.S/he is responsible for overseeing staff, payroll, operational expenses and supply and capital expenditures. The Plant Operations Director is also responsible for communication and coordination of people and tasks to accomplish repairs and alterations to buildings and equipment systems. S/he provides technical support, product information, research, and quality assurance guidance and establishes and monitors a preventive maintenance program that will promote a sense of well-being and aesthetic appeal for residents and staff.
Must have previous maintenance and housekeeping management experience in long term care or assisted living.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of applicable building systems, including mechanical/electrical/plumbing with a strong emphasis on HVAC.
- Possesses an understanding of all applicable life safety regulations
- Demonstrated ability to run a successful maintenance and housekeeping department
- Experience in facilities management capacity
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possesses good communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Possesses diagnostic abilities and skills in completing details
- Possesses the mechanical skills necessary for accomplishing repairs on systems and buildings
- Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of biohazardous waste
- Must be able to work a Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday work schedule
Benchmark Senior Living - 16 months ago