Enbridge Energy Company, Inc, a leader in crude and natural gas transportation, gathering, and processing has an immediate opening for a Plant Operator in Elk City, Ok. The Plant Operator position is to safely and efficiently control all parameters of the processing facility with emphasis on maximizing gas flow and liquid recovery while minimizing utility consumption and downtime.
- Compliance with all associated regulations (ERP, RMP, PSM, RRC, SPCC, etc.) which includes the necessary reporting and documentation.
- Achieve safe operations of the facility while maintaining continuous (24/7) operations of the gas gathering and distribution system, liquid separation facilities, mole sieve dehydration, cryogenic section, liquid hydrocarbon treating facilities, fractionation, propane refrigeration, hot oil systems, compression, liquid sales lines, processed gas sales, and tuck loading facilities.
- Perform monthly plant facility inspections.
- Perform laboratory test and analysis associated with liquid hydrocarbon removal from the gas stream and product treating for CO2 removal to meet Product Specifications.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components.
- Oils and lubricates equipment.
- Performs water titration tests and pours chemical additives, such as water softener, into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup and to clean boiler lines.
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator's logbook.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on plant equipment such as the expander, natural gas engines, turbines, compressors, and pumps, which requires medium to heavy lifting. Minor Maintenance includes, but is not limited to:
- Change gauges (temperature, pressure, etc.) within the plant
- Assist in removing and replacing lean/rich amine exchangers
- Remove and replace electric motors and belts
- Remove and replace filters, oils and other lubricating fluids on all plant equipment
- Remove and replace gaskets
- Remove and replace valves within the plant
- Install pipe plugs as needed
- Clean offices, control room, and plant yard (pick up trash, take out trash, mop, and wax floors)
- Change out suction/ discharge valves on compressors
- Clean out level sight glasses on all vessels
- Change out control valves as needed
- Secure all types off tubing and piping as needed
- Paint equipment as needed
- Change out light bulbs
- Replace fuses
- Assist I&E tech in trenching, installing conduit, and pulling wire
Equal Employment Opportunity
- High School Education
- 3 to 5 years experience in gas processing operations
- High integrity and self motivated
- Good communication, problem solving and physical perceptive skills
- Team player
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice,all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Head of the class in transporting petroleum around the Great Lakes is Enbridge Energy Partners, which owns the 1,900-mile US portion...