BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Carries out directions of Plant Foreman to ensure optimum plant performance. Potential responsible for independent operation and maintenance of a natural gas processing facility including cryogenic NGL recovery plant, product treating, compression, truck loading and other facilities and associated activities. Performs all duties necessary to ensure optimum plant operations. The position may require shift work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Comes to work promptly and regularly.
2. Takes direction from supervisors well.
3. Works well with others.
4. Works well under the stress of deadlines.
5. Concentrates well on tasks.
6. Accurately completes tasks
7. Monitoring plant operations,
8. Some computer based plant interface,
9. Light maintenance (including but not limited to 50 lbs. lifting ability, climb ladders) of equipment
10. Shutdown and startup of the plant
11. Documentation of operating parameters.
12. Work activities will require outdoor activities in year-round variable weather conditions
13. PSM testing will be required for training per OSHA 1910.119
14. Work under minimal supervision
15. Troubleshoot problems within the facility
16. Make decisions on mechanical or process solutions to benefit the operations of the facility
17. Train and instruct trainees on the operations and process of the facility
Additional functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs other tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Must be capable of vigorous outdoor activities
2. Should have working knowledge of computers and spreadsheet software applications.
3. Must comply with pre-employment and random drug testing and all other company policies and procedures.
4. Some overtime may be required.
5. Other duties as required.
The minimum training and experience needed for this position include the following:
1. H.S.degree or equivalent
2. 2 -10 years of experience working with and in natural gas processing
plants and other natural gas and natural gas liquids equipment.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
BHP Billiton - 11 months ago
Three Rivers, TX
- 13 days ago
Two heads (or headquarters) are better than one. Aussie minerals and oil company BHP Limited acquired UK miner Billiton plc in 2001. The...