The Plant Operator (Roster) position involves routine and non-routine operation of a modern 30 MGD or a 24 MGD surface water treatment plant. Duties include (but are not limited to): training new operators, assisting management with division operator training program, SOP’s, including plant processes, distribution hydraulics using various high lift water service pumps by maintaining adequate water storage tank levels and pressures to meet water demand, and monitoring of process units and performance of quality control testing procedures for plant processes and water quality sampling. Measuring and adjusting chemical feed rates, operating and washing filtration process units, operating and monitoring large electric and diesel powered pumps from 1000 to 2500 HP. Monitoring consumer water demand and distribution system control equipment, maintaining necessary tank levels and flow rates accordingly. Maintaining chemical inventories, plant operational reports, and assisting with minor mechanical work and routine equipment maintenance. A mechanical aptitude and good communication skills are required. A Water Plant Operator must be able to exercise a considerable amount of independent judgment in regard to process changes within the guides of regulatory rules and plant operational procedures.
The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- State “C” Surface Water Operator Certification or higher required "WITH" five or more years of experience in the operation of water treatments plants or related systems (must indicate on application)
- Prior laboratory bench work experience (indicate on application)
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office software (indicate on application)
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
- Prior experience/familiarity with SCADA as an operational process tool(indicate on application)
- College level coursework in environmental science, chemistry, biology, hydrology, water & wastewater engineering or related (indicate on application)
- Rotating shift experience (indicate on application)