Description Entry level position. Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment, and systems associated with a Natural Gas Processing Facility. Monitor plant operations and make appropriate adjustments, hands on operation of plant equipment and for continued development of knowledge in plant equipment and systems associated with a Natural Gas Processing Facility. Observe the conditions of the plant equipment and report mechanical/operational problems to Senior Operator/Supervisor.
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Drive for results
- Performing daily facility and equipment readings and checks
- Navigate and utilize the plant operations manual
- Complete all required environmental, health, and safety training and comply with regulations including necessary documentation and reporting
- Continue to become familiar with plant drawings and schematics
- Perform routine sampling and testing
- Prepare readings for daily reports
- Participate in plant process hazard analysis meetings
- Read meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions
- Record data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components
- Performs water titration tests and pours chemical additives, such as water softener, into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup and to clean boiler lines
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on plant equipment such as the expander, natural gas engines, turbines, compressors, and pumps
- Perform other operational functions as directed
- Minimum 1 year of related Midstream experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Rotating shift work position, requiring the individual to work 12 hour shifts, day and night, as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate valves ranging in size from .025” to 24” in diameter.
- Ability to climb 35-foot ladders (minimum) and 30-foot stairs (minimum)
- The ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Work outside in all weather types.
Devon Energy Corporation - 20 months ago
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...