Postal/Zip Code: 48217
Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
We are currently seeking a candidate for a "Plant Operator" to work for our Cadillac Asphalt, Detroit Division.
Responsibilities and expectations
- The successful candidate must have proven mechanical abilities.
- Ability to work seasonally and flexibility to work weekends and evening in-season.
- Capable of completing multiple tasks and helping to direct activities of other plant personnel
- Able to work in a team environment
- Must follow all safety policies, procedures and rules
- Run the asphalt plant and provide proper material to internal and external customers
- Maintain the plant and keep everything running and in good condition
- Monitor energy usage and material usage
- Develop understanding of incoming and outgoing materials with respect to aggregate, liquid asphalt and hot mix asphalt
- Understand quality control processes and ideas
Please apply online at: http://www.oldcastle.com/careers.htm .
- Previous asphalt plant experience is preferred
- Must be able to work seasonally and have flexibility to work weekends and evenings during the season.
- Road construction industry experience a plus
- Computer experience (preferred): MS Office 2007 or greater with the ability to perform basic formulas in Excel.
- Ability to lift at least 46 pounds with or without assistance
- Ability to work at heights
Applications will only be accepted through the website.
Search job requisition number #26157
What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Cadillac Asphalt is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 17 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...