Plains LPG Services is looking for a highly motivated Plant Operator to work at our gas processing facility in Superior, WI. This position is responsible for the facility operating systems including, NGL storage system which includes in coming/out going pipelines, Depropanizer process equipment, and propane truck loading system at the Superior and Rapid River facilities.
- Perform quality control tests on different products to ensure products are on spec. before accepting or shipping the products;
- Maintain accurate and detailed operating records and logs of facility processes;
- Report and record all non-conformances (environmental, medical aid, etc.);
- Provide on the job training to operators in training, contractors and truck drivers as directed in the Superior operator training program;
- Provide expertise to HAZOP teams and participate in the overall sight PSM program as required by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Act (U.S.: OSHA), Process Safety Management (PSM) Regulation: 29 CFR 1910.119;
- Responsible for participating in internal audits, providing information relevant to the audit and assisting in determining areas for improvement;
- Assist with Turnaround planning and scheduling;
- Prepare equipment for maintenance following all process and safety procedures which include lock out / tag out, Personal Protective Equipment, Confined Space Entry and all environmental performance standards;
- Prepares equipment to be returned to service after maintenance following all Safety and Environmental procedures;
- Takes equipment readings and monitors equipment during the shift, identifies problems and makes the necessary changes after communication with the Superior Team Lead;
- Calibrate all meters monthly and enter accurate data on each calibration report and into each sites flow computer; and
- Receives and clears ONE 1Call notifications.
- Minimum Grade XII education required with the ability to work a regular “on-call” 12-hour rotation;
- 4 th class Power Engineering certification, Gas Processing certification and/or equivalent trade tickets would be an asset;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Previous experience in gas processing and/or field operations would be an asset;
- Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer and problem solving skills are an asset; and
- Ability to identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to March 14, 2013, to:
Plains LPG Services
Plains Midstream Canada - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -