Scope of Position
The Plant Operator will operate and maintain the anaerobic digesters and facility equipment in a safe, compliant manner by ensuring proper operations and preventive and corrective maintenance that is performed to assure equipment operability and support the plant production schedule. He/She will make necessary operating adjustments to facility equipment as required and manage the substrate and manure deliveries in accordance with weekly schedule.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: Greenlee, CO
90% of the time the employee will work in all areas of the biogas facility, both indoors and outdoor environments and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and wet or humid conditions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to work in outside weather conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed fumes or airborne particles. The employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems, observe and interpret situations, use math and mathematical reasoning; deal with changing, intensive deadlines, and interact with internal and external clients. Must be able to effectively while under time constraints. Occasional travel may be expected (up to 10%).
• Make daily operational adjustments as necessary to maintain production targets.
• Perform operational equipment rounds to monitor equipment performance and record operational data.
• Operate biogas upgrade system, Deoxo, compressors, pumps and all other plant equipment.
• Operate plant recovered solids de-watering system and monitor effluent storage lagoons and ponds.
• Provide necessary input for plant reports.
• Work in accordance with the plant safety program and support plant safety goals.
• Work in accordance with plant permits in an environmentally responsive manner.
• Attend and participate in Operator training program.
• Assist as required in monitoring and directing daily substrate and manure deliveries.
• Prepare and perform preventive routine maintenance as indicated by system performance, manufacturer recommendations, and safety requirements.
• Continually evaluate the maintenance program and recommend changes to optimize work quality, cost effectiveness, outage time, and equipment availability.
• Provide input and insight for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
• Ensure proper maintenance and operations via forecasting manpower workload and equipment needs for short and long term planning.
• Prepare and distribute plant maintenance reports, including outage reports, as necessary and in a timely manner.
• Perform all other duties as required.
• Working knowledge of operations and maintenance of anaerobic digester plants a plus.
• Industrial and technical background and aptitude.
• Mechanical and electrical skills, including Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) operations, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Experience with anaerobic digester maintenance and operations or related industrial experience.
• Able to work in both a team and individual working environments, requiring effective decision-making and problem solving skills as well as an ability to use initiative to adapt pre-set work plans.
• A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, including the ability to maintain risk assessments relating to operation of Anaerobic Digestion and environmental samplers.
• High school diploma. Associate technical degree preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EDF Renewable Energy is dedicated in our efforts to create the most efficient renewable energy projects possible, for our own portfolio and...