Job Title: Plant Process Engineer
Reports To: Plant Engineer- Operations
Location: LaGrange TX
Compensation: +/-, commensurate w/ experience
Benefits: Full benefits
About our Client:
Our client, a leading manufacturer of seals and sealing solutions, primarily in the energy sector, seeks a Plant Process Engineer for their facility near Houston. Responsible for process improvement, new product introduction, new process development and implementation of efficiency improvements, this role will support the company’s strategy to build on its strong growth momentum and in supporting the evolving needs of its customer base.
UNIQUE ADVANCEMENT POTENTIAL! This position is earmarked for advancement, with the expectation of moving to the client’s Corporate Design Group in 1 to 2 years. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an aggressive, expanding company quickly becoming a leader in its primary segment.
Other Responsibilities :
- Review customer specifications and develop part designs to fit the specified application.
- Design and implement work cells and standard work methods
- Develop and implement new products from conception through product introduction.
- Develop, apply and maintain consistent labor and material standards.
- Analyze and implement improvements to scrap and material usage trends.
- Develop tooling, equipment and materials to startup new products and to improve existing production processes.
§ Company safety procedures to be followed at all times.
§ Prepare part quotations.
§ Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- A working knowledge of plant processes necessary to develop product recommendations and process parameters.
- Ability to design using AutoCAD and Mechanical Desktop.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control and Lean Manufacturing methods.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 3 to 5 years' experience in an engineering-related field or environment, preferably in the rubber processing industry.
- Must have an understanding of data base management and Windows.
- Must have knowledge of MS Word and MX Excel.
Monster - 11 months ago