Plant Project Engineer
- Project Engineer is responsible for all activities and performance at the East Tawas, Michigan manufacturing location.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Support production through Continuous improvements
- Project engineer’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, full accountability for the performance of their assigned projects.
- May assist in design of new production layouts, improve existing production layouts, and conduct continuous improvement of manufacturing process and 5S.
- Maintain and update Plant Layout using AutoCAD 2010.
- Responsible for other duties or special projects as assigned.
- May assist engineering in writing Operator instructions sheets and packaging design.
- Determine and implement continuous improvement
- Quotes engineering changes and reviews with estimating
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Improves ergonomics/health and safety of cell layout
- Reviews and approves tools as required
- Assures cell Overall Equipment Effectiveness is maximized
- Launches new product
- Communicates with customer to ensure process/product compliance with established guidelines
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or 10 years in the automotive industry with responsibilities in engineering and manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Green Belt - 6 sigma or TPS is a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft office tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM applications
- Maintain and follow all training requirements
- Understand and follow all quality, safety and environmental processes and procedures
- Follow all recycling programs
- Able to work different hours and shifts as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Working knowledge of GD&T
Note: The hiring manager has the responsibility to choose the appropriate candidate and may add to or subtract from these minimum qualifications when hiring or promoting.
Click here to apply online
Endevis - 21 months ago