Plant Project Engineer
- Project Engineer is responsible for all activities and performance at the East Tawas, Michigan manufacturing location.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Support production through Continuous improvements
- Project engineer’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, full accountability for the performance of their assigned projects.
- May assist in design of new production layouts, improve existing production layouts, and conduct continuous improvement of manufacturing process and 5S.
- Maintain and update Plant Layout using AutoCAD 2010.
- Responsible for other duties or special projects as assigned.
- May assist engineering in writing Operator instructions sheets and packaging design.
- Determine and implement continuous improvement
- Quotes engineering changes and reviews with estimating
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Improves ergonomics/health and safety of cell layout
- Reviews and approves tools as required
- Assures cell Overall Equipment Effectiveness is maximized
- Launches new product
- Communicates with customer to ensure process/product compliance with established guidelines
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or 10 years in the automotive industry with responsibilities in engineering and manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Green Belt - 6 sigma or TPS is a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft office tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM applications
- Maintain and follow all training requirements
- Understand and follow all quality, safety and environmental processes and procedures
- Follow all recycling programs
- Able to work different hours and shifts as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Working knowledge of GD&T
Note: The hiring manager has the responsibility to choose the appropriate candidate and may add to or subtract from these minimum qualifications when hiring or promoting.
Click here to apply online