Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
• 4 year college degree in Food Science, Micro-biology, Chemistry, or related work experience.
• 1-2 years lab experience.
• Proficient in Windows based PC environment.
• General understanding of GMP, HACCP, and food plant operations.
• Able to work in a team based environment.
• Able to work all shifts, odd hours, and weekends if needed.
• Able to work 32-40 hours a week.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform laboratory analysis and prep-work which includes, but not limited to organoleptic, micro-biological, and chemical testing.
• Product and environmental testing.
• Proactively address production issues that can adversely affect quality.
• GMP, HACCP, SOP monitoring and verification.
• Data collection, entry, summary, and reporting.
• Work directly with associates to address any issues that may arise.
• Any other duties assigned.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North America's largest food...