Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Minova USA Inc., A member of the Orica Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of chemical-based consumables, steel strata support systems, associated equipment and services for rock bolting and ground consolidation. The business provides both proprietary and custom-engineered applications based on 30 years experience of industry specialization. Minova has a total of eight steel and resin manufacturing sites throughout North America producing a range of trusted products including: Job purpose: To provide leadership to the team and to manage the operators, plant, and equipment to provide a quality service in the manufacturing of roof support systems to our customer with a strong focus on ensuring high SH&E and efficiency standards.
Safety, Health & Environment
- Lead company-wide Deliver the Promise Goal of Safety, Health & Environment.
- Compliance with Safety Charter and immediate reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents.
- Conduct internal safety audits and work with Safety Manager on addressing any issues on a timely basis.
- Deliver safety meetings and ensure all required safety training is completed and recorded for each individual at the Hallowell plant.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within Orica policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe plant with careful attention to housekeeping details.
- Establishing all shift production schedules for maximization of efficiency.
- Responsible for the product quality control for the plant.
- Schedule production of product to meet customer orders in required time frame.
- Monitor plant equipment to ensure safe, working order.
- Identify opportunities for Lean Manufacturing process improvement.
- Regulatory compliance with storage of raw materials and finished goods including magazine areas.
- Responsible for establishing and reaching plant production goals on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Budget preparation, cost monitoring, and financial analysis driving efficiencies of manufacturing activities.
- Review number of skus in production and provide business proposal to Director of Operations on profitability and demand for each type of product.
- Management of raw materials and inventory at the plant on an on-going basis.
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Confer with various Orica departments to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, marketing, and shipping.
- Identification of staffing needs, recruiting, selection, and on-boarding of new employees.
- Analysis of required skills levels and coordination with Orica resources to provide needed training.
- Review of plant policies and procedures working with Director of Operations to implement any proposed changes or updates.
- Foster a positive and motivated work environment following Orica's 'promote from within' philosophy mentoring potential future leaders.
- Conduct annual performance review process acknowledging achievements and setting goals for the following year.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience, BS degree a plus
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to coordinate and maintain plant clerical work including order taking, , raw material control, and purchasing,
- Proven competency in Operations Supervisor roles including strong people management and communication skills.
- Manage 2 direct reports with overall responsibility for plant population of approximately 45 employees.
- Cost Management
- Computer Applications and Literacy.
- Leadership Skills.
- Strong mechanical competencies.
- Strong SH&E standards.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
Orica USA - 14 months ago