Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Supply Operations Bellevue Beverage Plant, has an opening for a Plant Superintendent. This position is located in Bellevue, WA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day to day plant operations to service the needs of stores and clients within department budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees and to hold them accountable.
- Keep informed of Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and Company work rules regarding warehouse operation of company.
- Ensure departmental compliance with, OSHA.
- Work closely with manufacturing staff, warehouse supervisors, hourly associates, drivers, Division DC’s, and retail personnel to implement cost saving measures.
- Determine equipment and manpower requirements for daily operational needs.
- Manage labor relations by dealing with grievances, corporate, plant employees, and union business agents.
- Aggressively cultivate and promote a positive and innovative work environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to Safeway.
- Set and monitor warehouse performance targets both short and long term.
- Ensure Safeway policies, procedures and practices are strictly adhered to, including appropriate audit, controls and segregation of duties are in place to support Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Hiring and development of warehouse staff and warehouse team members towards attainment of their potential.
- Interface with Regulator Agencies.
- Assist with Capital development, cost estimation and management as needed.
- Travel – up to 25%
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com.
- 4 year college degree preferred or 4-5 years progressive plant operations management experience.
- 4 years supervision experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of cost reductions and increased productivity.
- Experience in a union environment with strong labor relations skills.
- Strong knowledge of plant management system EXE, COM.
- Strong knowledge of Engineered Labor Standards.
- Able to work with plant supervision to improve supervisory skills.
- Well developed analytical and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to empower, supervise and direct a diverse workforce.
- Ability to hire, develop, evaluate, train, and coach staff and associates
- Strong communication skills and ability to build direct relationships with hourly associates while managing union contracts.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Experience in holding employees accountable for working safely, and providing a safe work environment.
- Proven ability to define performance measures directly related to business and hold people accountable for such.
- Proven ability to do financial analysis and review and analyze existing cost data.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, results oriented.
- Must possess the following traits: proactive, risk taker, change agent and strong sense of courage.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 17 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...