This position is accountable for the safe and efficient operations of all aspects of a large aggregate surface mine. Nominee responsibilities will include extraction, primary/secondary crushing, washing, shipping and quality of aggregates.
1. Daily communication with Supervisor, Production as it relates to his production requirements, scheduling, downtime, etc., in order to operate the quarry in the most effective and productive manner.
2. Supervise, guide, direct, evaluate and train assigned personnel.
3. Monitor daily production, safety, staffing, labor relations, primary/secondary crushing, washing. Additional accountabilities include shipping and quality.
4. Keep all benches and all elevated roadways properly bermed to prevent any vehicle or person from running off the benches or roads.
5. Maintain all haul roads and travel ways, keeping them well graded to expedite the safest and most expedient traffic flow.
6. Maintain quarry floor and all benches with a grade, draining toward the waterhole or water pumping station.
7. Maintain quarry water pumping station system from the quarry to its discharge points.
8. Maintain an ecological balance with surrounding environment.
9. Insure that preventive maintenance is performed on all assigned equipment as prescribed.
10. Observe and train equipment operators in sound, efficient operating habits in order to obtain and maintain the best loading and hauling cycle time.
11. Maintain areas of responsibility in a neat and orderly fashion, displaying good housekeeping practices.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary focus of the position is to supervise and train employees to develop safe work habits and practices in their quest for achieving production quotas and attaining their assigned improvement objectives, such as improved cycle times and equipment utilization.
Education and Work Experience:
Preferred college education, but not limited too, a minimum of three to five years related experience and skills to obtain an Ohio State Mine Foreman’s’ certification
Knowledge and Skills:
Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of quarry operations, primary crushing operations to finished wash products, a general knowledge of supervisory principles and practices, and Company, State and Federal safety programs. Position is both managerial and technical, allowing latitude to cope with most operating problems, conferring with supervisor on unusual problems, and requiring excellent human relations skills when dealing with employees.
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Fairness to Direct Reports
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
Lafarge - 13 months ago
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...