Summary: Provide leadership support throughout the manufacturing process to improve and achieve the goal of “first run capability” and ensure optimum efficiencies of all paint manufacturing processes.
Search words: manufacturing jobs; technical careers; operations manager; engineering jobs; chemical manufacturing jobs
- Removes waste and constraints from the production processes to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity. Responsible for managing wash, rework, and waste inventories. Identifies and implements inventory reduction efforts. Coordinates the proper segregation and recycling of all production wash and rework, capitalizing upon every recycling opportunity and ensuring that only approved wash and rework is added to approved host batches.
- Follows all environmental, health, and safety guidelines within the facility.
- Troubleshoot plant operational problems.
- Provide technical support and advice to personnel.
- Monitor, maintain and recommend improvements of process automation equipment in coordination with corporate engineering and IT.
- Coordinate production equipment modifications and adjustments with the Engineering team.
- Prepare process specifications and documentation required for Standard Work Instructions.
- Assist product development by applying process knowledge to evaluate new products and equipment requirements.
- Manage the plant hygiene program.
- Maintain the mixing blade integrity program.
- Coordinate scale up process locally for new products/formulas with Product Development Lab.
- Assists with the identification and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects.
- Ensures current formulas are available within AS/400 and Product Vision systems.
- Serve are the EH&S coordinator.
- Maintenance of meter dispensing accuracy, including regular meter calibration schedules and evaluation of performance.
- Maintenance of current formulas in PV and AS400.
- Oversee local piping and tank modifications to production processes.
- Wash and rework inventories and plans to recycle
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete understanding and adherence to safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- BS degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related technical field required
- Minimum 3 years of supervision in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of paint and coatings technology in an industrial setting is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong technical and computer literacy skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of people and to motivate staff to work together as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some domestic travel involved.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Color, technology, innovation, product performance and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in...