Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone. A subsidiary of Baxter Healthcare, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States.
For specific location center operating hours visit: biolifeplasma.com.
Responsible for all Medical History job skills in order to screen new and repeat donors for eligibility to donate. May also perform entry-level Phlebotomy floor skills as assigned and trained to complete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Committed to meet customer service expectations, greeting donors as they enter and exit the building.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform fingerstick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts
- Assemble collection containers for plasma donation.
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using the Debit Card system.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is highly desirable.
Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift. Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 5 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance. Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.To view other opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.baxter.com/about_baxter/careers . EOE M/F/D/V.
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...