DESCRIPTION: The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for all technical aspects in new and existing product/production in the Precision Molded Components (PMC) area. This includes mold design, injection mold processing and automation know-how. The potential candidate will posses well rounded skills in the areas of project management, design and processing of plastic products.
- Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- New project execution from conception through transfer to operations.
- Continues improvement, with focus on ergonomics and cost savings.
- Lead the technical support team for minimal equipment down time.
- New program opportunity risk assessment and costing.
- Maintenance of mold design, jigs, fixtures and work space layout.
- Processing of plastic injection molds.
- Design of experiment setup and implementation.
- Performs other functions as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: (education & experience)
- 4 year degree in plastic engineering or technologies preferred.
- 5 years work experience in related field.
- Knowledge of micro molding, insert molding, 2 shot molding, and/or silicone molding a plus.
- CAD Experience, preferably in Solid Works ideal.
- Experience with injection molding processing on multiple machine platforms required.
- In current position a minimum of six (6) months
- Without written disciplinary action for past twelve (12) months
- Supervisory approval
GB promotes and transfers individuals based on merit and qualifications, regardless of age, race, sex, religion, sexual preference, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE : Qualified applicants may submit a JOIN Form from Human Resources. Applicants will be accepted up to and including the last day of the posting period. Inquiries regarding this opening may be directed to Human Resources. Lateral (same grade) transfers may require special approval.
Greatbatch - 15 months ago