SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Value Stream Managers, WS Packaging Group Inc., Mason Label is looking for a 2nd shift Platemounter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. :
• Pull envelopes and plates to match work orders.
• Clean Plates daily or as needed.
• File plate envelopes daily or as needed
• Check plates for defects.
• Ensure press operators are not down due to not having plates or plate envelopes.
• Be available to work overtime as needed.
• Communicate with other departments and plate mounters.
• Mount plates for Prime and Beverage Side presses
• Help in other areas as needed
• Pull and file plate rolls
• Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual.
• Understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles (attached).
• Adhere to mandatory daily stretch, safety requirements.
• Meet attendance standards.
• Practices and sustains Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
• Treats others with respect.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Meets productivity expectations and standards.
• Communicate on a daily basis with production personnel.
• Work as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department.
• Adhere to the above duties but not limited to.
May require limited travel (daily/overnight/extended stays possible) when needed. Supervisor will determine need.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions; works well in group solving situations.
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer (internal and external) needs.
Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly in positive and negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views: contributes to building a positive team spirit
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality: Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Shows respect and sensitivity for differences in culture, generation, status or position.
Ethics – Works with integrity. honesty and ethically.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to extended work hours when necessary. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
Initiative – Seeks increased responsibility; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operator with flexo, rotary letterpress, and rotary silkscreen knowledge/experience preferred.
• Proven ability to work without supervision.
• Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
• Good skills are required in reading, writing, spoken communication, and math.
• Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours, distinguish color, and good hand-eye coordination.
• Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
• Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
• Exceptional problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain a clean, safe work environment with a focus on 6S and Lean practices.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form..
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 2 years ago