The Platform and Integration Architect collaborates across technology groups and business units to create the strategy for the integration, enhancements and general direction for the technology platforms within our company. Three key responsibilities are architecture, security and integration:
The Platform and Integration Architect ensures all technology projects fit with the organization's technology infrastructure and business strategy.
- Create, implement and continually refine an ITA Group infrastructure strategy for platform and application design, integration and inter-operability (Architecture);
- Establish and ensure systems and platforms are adhering to best practices for security (Security);
- Evaluate potential business and technology partners from a standards, security and integration perspective and ensure appropriate integration is accomplished (Integration).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major.
- Minimum five years application development experience, with a broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and technologies.
- Minimum two years enterprise architecture experience with strong technical background and experience in implementing an application portfolio management process.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills required, including the ability to present technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of being creative while analytically viewing challenges to develop client-focused solutions. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with an emphasis in solution development and bring discussions to closure and decision. Provide solutions that are creative, but based upon sound principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interface with internal customers, management and outside suppliers and clients.
- Experience in the development of partner relationships, negotiating skills and preparing contracts with outside suppliers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with experience in managing multiple projects in an effective manner within required time frames.
- Proven ability to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels, as well as across multiple geographic regions.
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability and desire to learn new/different technologies and applications.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner; customer service experience in a service-related industry preferred.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.