Software Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
Nitro is changing the way world works with documents. Australian founded and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Nitro develops intuitive software solutions – like the award winning Nitro Pro and Nitro Reader that enable more than 400,000 businesses to work smarter, including 50% of the Fortune 100. We are growing and we are looking for a hands-on java architect to join our engineering team, to help us build, grow and scale our platform vision for 2013. We provide excellent compensation package and great benefits. We are conveniently located in downtown San Francisco; just a few minutes walk from BART, MUNI and the Ferry building.
Summary of essential job functions
- Provide architectural vision to the product development organization
- Provide technical design and architecture for highly scalable, fault tolerant solutions for enterprise level content services.
- Lead the architectural vision and evolution of Nitro's platform.
- Provide technical leadership to other senior engineers in design and implementation
- Architect, design and implement platform code to be used by other teams
- Mentor, and influence engineers to follow your lead towards a scalable and fault tolerant platform
- Interact with product management, and other internal stakeholders to understand requirements and do technical feasibility analysis
- Proven track record of architecting, coding and scaling large complex web applications
- Experience leading all stages of a platform project, from vision through development to production
- A long-term partner in revolutionizing document management user experience through technical excellence
- Solid understanding of Java, J2EE concepts, distributed technologies, architecture, and how to apply design patterns for specific problems.
- Extensive background in algorithms, data structures, optimization, and performance tuning.
- 8 years of combined experience in large-scale platform development
- 5 years as architect or lead developer
- Experience with Play! framework or other Java enterprise web frameworks that include Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, etc...
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A BSCS or BSEE is required. Master’s degree preferred
Nitro PDF - 22 months ago