Platform Engineer II-13008811
Serve Enterprise is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express. Serve Enterprise provides cutting edge technological services in alternative payments in an innovative payment processing platform, payment card network, and new consumer payment solutions to the Enterprise Growth division of American Express. Serve is growing extremely fast and maintains a start-up agile atmosphere.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work for a cutting edge start-up while leveraging the resources and foundation of a prestigious, globally recognized 160-year old brand
The Platform Engineer II position will be primarily responsible for researching, designing, configuring, and documenting a medium to large Enterprise Web Services environment. To qualify, one must pocess a high level proficiency in Web Technologies covering a wide array of skill.
- Manages the Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, VMWare, SQL, and IIS Web Servers.
-Assists with computing architecture, planning, design, development, testing, deployment, and modification
-Manages server builds, storage and backup standards, administration support and capacity planning
-Monitors, controls and reports service levels for computing resources.
-Responsible for server reliability and capacity planning
-Responsible to ensure security standards and management processes are upheld.
-Works with the business and application development teams to ensure the computing infrastructure meets/exceeds business expectations
-Participates in the implementation and enhancement internal support processes
Hands on experience with design, implementation, upgrading, troubleshooting and performance with the following in large scale web environments:
- Manages the Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, SQL, and IIS Web Servers.
- Accountable for directory and name service administration, integration, documentation and operation strategies (Active Directory, DNS, etc)
- Working Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture design and Windows Communication Foundation.
- Working knowledge of AppFabric, GigaSpaces, or equivalent distributed caching technology.
- Working knowledge of MSMQ or equivalent Message Queue technology.
- Working level knowledge of Web technologies and IIS 7+.
- Working knowledge of load balance technologies such as F5 LTM/GTM
- Manages server builds, storage and backup standards, administration support and capacity planning
- Monitors, controls and reports service levels for computing resources.
- Responsible for server reliability and capacity planning
- Responsible to ensure security standards and management processes are upheld.
- Works with the business and application development teams to ensure the computing infrastructure meets/exceeds business expectations
- Participates in the implementation and enhancement internal support processes
- Intel based server architecture, design and management skills, with experience supporting high availability enterprise environments
- Operating systems administration experience on Windows Server 2003/2008
- Experience in active directory and name service administration
- Installing and maintaining VMWare vSphere 4
- Install and maintain Microsoft SQL 2005
- Strong troubleshooting, and documentation skills
- Strong written and oral communications
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to meet commitments and manage priorities in a high paced environment
Job: Amex Technologies
Primary Location: United States
American Express - 16 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...