Do you want to be a part of something big? Are you a motivated self-starter eager to play a major role in transforming the performance of technological platforms? Are you hungry for knowledge about Cloud Computing? Do you want to be part of important achievement in high availability platforms. Are you passionate about creating world-class products and create code that is going to serve millions of users in a daily basis? Would you like to work in one of the coolest startups in town? If so, Pixable’s Platform Engineer is the position for you.
• Designing, creating and delivering a highly scalable, low latency and secure cloud infrastructure across data centers and availability zones for high availability for multiple Internet services.
• Develop and implement strategies to automate system installation, configuration, code deployment, and management; writing all the performance, maintainable, clear and concise code that is required for that.
• Research, prototype and verify software solutions that overcome technical challenges for deployment and monitoring of large scale systems.
• Architect the right kinds of flexibility to fuel growth, optionality and sustainability of cloud systems.
• Benchmark possible solutions and implement improvements to expand capacity
• Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization on strategies for managing system failures and recovery.
• Develop and manage data backup and replication strategies.
• Configure and tune all subsystems including firewalls, load balancers, hypervisors, OS, database, storage subsystems, networks, caching systems, etc.
• Deploy real time and trend monitoring of system performance and error logging
• Architect and manage development/staging/production environments
• Provide recommendations to development team on how to improve security, availability, reliability, scalability
• Daily analysis of system error logs, performance issues, and security risks
• Assist with development tasks as time permits
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ of in-depth experience designing, writing and deploying scalable software, preferably, but not necessary, on Amazon AWS.
• A track record of solving problems and getting things done
• Strong proficiency with algorithms and data structures
• Successfully managing large amounts of data and/or high throughput on distributed systems
• Professional experience with low-level optimizing, tuning and debugging for performance in cloud instances
• Highly productive developer in Java, C++ or similar
• Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Advanced Linux system administration with an understanding of all layers of Linux.
• Production cloud-based LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) in large scale, mission critical environments.
• High availability configurations and replication methodology both from a systems and software perspective.
• Experience developing and deploying real time and trend monitoring of system performance into a production environment.
• Administration experience with MySQL (advanced features such as MySQL replication is a plus)
• Experience with server and code configuration/deployment tools (Chef, Knife, Puppet)
• Familiarity with any of the following technologies: MongoDB, Redis, New Relic, Fabric.
• Experience in a startup environment.
• Python development
Pixable is a personalized, digital media publisher and content creator based in NYC.
Through a blend of original, visual storytelling...