Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, SCM, Development Tools, Lab Administration, Firmware Management
General intention and expectations of candidate:
The candidate must be an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive, and who possesses the wisdom and know-how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team.
The successful candidate will understand and embrace implementing an end-to-end Test-driven Development (TDD) process, Continuous Integration, and Agile development processes.
Quorum is seeking a self-motivated engineer who enjoys the dynamics of a startup company, always find themselves at the center of development projects, believe that untested code is broken code, and that quality code starts with an efficient, integrated development environment.
VP, Engineering / Director, Development Operations
Successful candidate will take responsibility for insuring that the process of building Quorum’s appliance is automated, reproducible, and traceable. Responsibilities include:
- Building Quorum’s appliance and its hardware/firmware management including 3rd party software shipped with the product.
- Manufacturing automation and creation of installation scripts.
- Building, maintaining and continuously improving a software development infrastructure for Quorum’s development team including source code repository, automated build tools and scripts, a continuous integration infrastructure, and packaging and deployment tools for an integrated appliance.
- Providing strategic direction and logistical support for IT-related activities to support the development organization.
- Influencing and driving operational excellence best practices within the organization.
- Managing hardware inventory, devices and user accounts/setup for the development organization. Actively participate in procurement of equipment and licensing compliance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
5+ years in a technical engineering role
- Proficiency in building appliances
- Strong storage and networking background.
- Knowledge of technologies such as SSD, HDD, SATA, SAS, iSCSI, NAS, HA, RAID, embedded or IA processors, virtualization, networking, VMWare, Xen, Linux, Windows and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Proficiency in at one or more scripting language such as Bash, Python DOS, PowerShell, or PERL.
- Experience in setting up labs
- Experience with cross platform build / release in mixed Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience with Windows and Linux packaging and installation tools.
- Working knowledge of virtualization tools such as Xen, VMWare, and / or Hyper-V.
- Experience in using modern SCM tools such as SVN, Perforce, Git, Mercurial, Hudson / Jenkins, Gerrit, Review Board, Maven, CruiseControl, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo, Make, Scons, Ant.
- Experience designing and implementing packaging strategies for appliance software working with contract / OEM appliance manufacturers.
- Experience with test and bug-tracking tools (XStudio, bugzilla).
With one click we can rapidly restore any system at any time.
- Results oriented.
- Process driven.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management. Able to present “the inconvenient truth” / advocating for unpopular points of view.
- High professional standards - Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
Chief Technology Officer,
First National Bank Hays, Kansas
QuorumLabs, Inc. - 14 months ago