Hyperion Biotechnology is looking for a highly-qualified PLM Computer Scientist to work with the National Institute of Standards and Technnology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD.
1) Context Identification - Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is performed with a tremendous number of frameworks corresponding to diverse contexts. For the purpose of this project, the employee will identify relevant contexts for evaluation. The contexts identified shall be aligned with on-going NIST efforts, and shall be selected with consultation of NIST SIMCA Program manager and staff.
2) PLM Standardization Framework Selection - identify current and under-development standards that enable interoperability among heterogeneous and proprietary application systems used to manage and store product data along the product life cycle. The standards will be aligned with the previously identified contexts. Considering both file-based and web services-based interoperability. And consider both normative and de-facto standards, in-use and novel approaches. For each standard, identify its standardization framework, i.e., its content and its structure. For the purpose of this project, select the standardization frameworks that are sufficiently different in terms of technology, scope, domain, and architecture. Examples of the frameworks include Future STEP, PLCSLib, and ISO 15926.
3) Metrics Development - identify which factors affect the usage and adoption of the frameworks within the contexts recognized in Task 1. Examples of the factors include coverage, extensibility, exchange effectiveness, support for long-term data retention and implementation barriers. Develop metrics to evaluate the frameworks with respect to the factors identified. The metrics shall also be, as much as possible, independent from each other, so that they can be aggregated without taking into account a factor twice. Metrics shall be in the form of yes/no criteria, quantities, or classes. Other types of metrics shall be introduced by the contractor. For each metric the Contractor shall provide the metric's rationale, definition, statements of objectivity and ease of measurement.
4) Metrics Aggregation- establish an approach to aggregate the metrics for each context. The approach shall facilitate assigning a single score for the suitability of each framework for each context. The single score shall account for the relative weight of each metric with respect to a particular context.
5) Metrics Application - assess the metrics for each framework and apply the approach defined in Task 4 to measure the suitability of the frameworks in the selected contexts.
1) a PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or four (4) years of experience as a PhD candidate in computer science, engineering, or related field.
2) At least three (3) years of experience in STEP standards usage
3) Three (3) years of experience implementing and documenting PLCS software toolkit
4) Experience in creating and querying OWL ontologies using SPIN and semantic web technologies
5) Three (3) years of experience in the application of metrics to evaluate PLM standards
6) Three (3) years of experience in information modeling for product data representation
7) Prior publications in the area of PLCS, PLM, and STEP.
To Apply: Please tell us what you’ve done that makes you perfect for this position. Submit your resume through this website only; no phone calls, please. Include your availability, desired salary, and references.
Hyperion Biotechnology does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference.