Brandeis University is looking for a Plumber. The person in this position installs, troubleshoots and repairs plumbing equipment and distribution systems involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision. Must have good knowledge of sanitary codes regarding installations of plumbing systems.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
· Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair plumbing and mechanical equipment.
· Install, maintain and troubleshoot water, soil, and drain piping in existing buildings.
· Make minor repairs and adjustments to various control systems both electric and pneumatic.
· Operate, maintain and repair all aspects of laboratory equipment directly connected to the various plumbing systems such as water, air gas, vacuum, drains, etc.
· Keep records, write reports and identify plumbing materials.
· Obtain required permits when necessary.
· Work from blueprints, drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions to plan, layout, and install piping and fixtures.
· Make standard shop computations relating to pressure, flow, and size of pipe required.
· Make standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications.
· Make major and minor repairs to pipelines within and leading to campus facilities.
· Shape, cut, ream, caulk, sweat, solder, and thread a variety of pipe sizes and types and related fittings using various hand tools and power driven machines.
· Open clogged drains with plunger and plumber’s snake.
· High School or Trade School graduate
· Must possess a valid Massachusetts State Journeyman’s License with at least four years applicable experience.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and drive assigned university vehicle.
· Ability to manually lift up to 60 pounds. Heavier material or equipment is lifted using other methods.
· Ability to make standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications.
· Ability to make major and minor repairs to pipelines within and leading to campus facilities.
· Ability to make repairs on various types of pumps, valves and pressure regulators of various sizes.
· Ability to read, write, understand and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for "External Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Brandeis University operates under an affirmative action plan and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Brandeis University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard