Please Note – THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
The Plumber, assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations. This worker inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe, and locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors. This worker cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools, cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine, bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
The Plumber, assembles and installs valves, pipefitting’s, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic. This person joins pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking, installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners. This person repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
Plumbers operate sewer machines that consist of; Jeter Machines Power Snakes, and Hand snakes.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Read blue prints and other job specification documents.
- Repair and install fixtures that consist of; toilets, sinks, and shower heads.
- Repair or replace different types of water heaters to include gas and electric.
- Install shower valves and shower heads, both residential and commercial.
- Install underground piping from drainage to water supplies.
- Install and service any type of boilers.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- High School Diploma
- 4 years of verifiable Plumbing Experience
- Licensed Plumber
- Capable of operating a backhoe and bobcat
- Must be able to install any type of boilers
- Excellent customer service skills.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 20 months ago