Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas and drainage systems. Cuts, bends, threads and fits pipes with adjoining pipe assemblies. Repairs leaks and clears clogged drains. Installs sinks, showers, toilets, water heaters and related plumbing fixtures. May replace tile, replaster or paint walls through which holes have been broken to gain access to plumbing. Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed work to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and Los Angeles city codes. May inspect, repair and maintain fire protection equipment such as pumps and overhead sprinklers. Estimates time and material costs on plumbing projects. Requisitions new plumbing supplies and equipment.
* Applies advanced knowledge of plumbing * Interprets blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions * Estimates time and material costs on plumbing projects * Inspects work completed by subordinates to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and Los Angeles city codes * May operate and repair backflow and reducing valve devices
* High School/GED
* Holds a plumber’s license (C-36) or Journeyman’s card
* Holds a cross connection/backflow license from the County of Los Angeles, or be able to obtain within 12 months of employment
* Minimum 4-6 years related experience
* Requires a valid California driver's license with fewer than 3 DMV points
The J. Paul Getty Trust - 18 months ago
Oilman J. Paul Getty opened a small antiquities museum in 1954. Today the Getty Trust operates the $1 billion Getty Center, a hilltop haven...