AMPAM Parks Mechanical is a family owned, well-established and growing plumbing contractor located in the Los Angeles Harbor area. We specialize in the design and build of new multi-residence construction projects in California. As part of our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Plumbing Designer that has previous experience designing waste, water and gas for multi-family apartments.
Summary: The Plumbing Designer position creates detailed plumbing system drawings for city plan check. Communicates design issues and problems with the project manager and the clients representatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Design and layout engineering drawings within Plumbing specialty and plumbing code.
2. Complete Plumbing calculations including sanitary waste, water supply, natural gas systems, storm and equipment sizes.
3. Design Plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, gas systems, domestic water distribution systems.
4. Designs, selects, schedules, sizes and specifies basic Plumbing system components to include plumbing fixtures, drains, and equipment based on Cal green and plumbing code.
5. Follow department work processes and design standards.
1. Knowledgeable in consulting and construction practices to include plan/specifications, design/build and construction manager roles and responsibilities.
2. Understands and applies state and local and model codes as related to buildings and Plumbing design.
3. Works to meet design schedules and complete tasks on budget.
4. Assists in the review of shop drawing submittals as requested and posts modifications as needed.
5. Provides project information to manager and clients as requested through attendance at project meetings, e-mail, correspondence etc.
6. Prepares Plumbing for submittal to clients and city plan checker.
7. Works to keep errors to a minimum by developing schedules, and identifying, reacting and communicating immediately to symptoms before they become larger problems.
8. Assists in developing and maintaining Plumbing project schedules and budgets.
9. Assists in developing and maintaining project work plan and monitors own project progress.
10. Assist with field work assignments.
1. May act as day to day supervisor to CAD Technicians by assigning work, answering questions and checking work for accuracy
2. Consistently provides day to day encouragement and feedback when necessary so others can work together effectively, and execute activities in relation to importance, with virtually no conflict.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4+ years’ experience designing multi-family plumbing systems using CAD or Revit, OR have a minimum of 7 years’ experience designing plumbing systems for multiple family residential buildings using CAD.
2. Requires a self-motivated with excellent organizational and communication skills.
3. Hands-on Knowledge of California Plumbing Code, uniform building codes, and ASPE standards.
4. Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Compensation package includes health and welfare and 401(k). Please submit resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
*Local candidates Only*. There is no relocation package offered with this position.