Senior CAD Technician
A Seattle based MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Plumbing Designer to join our Engineering/CAD Department. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical and plumbing design services. We are looking for candidates who have hands on MEP industry experience who can provide technical CAD and BIM production services using AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP and Navisworks. The qualified candidate will be a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of the firm.
· Plumbing system design sizing and layout for commercial office, multi-family residential, and other mixed use type developments.
· Work with CAD and BIM files in AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
· Create AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP (and possibly other applications) content for client projects under the direction of the Senior Plumbing Designer.
· Work closely with architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors to provide project coordination.
· Produce CAD and BIM construction documents.
· Software skills including Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office (at least 2 years AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit experience on projects preferred).
· Good numeracy and computer skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Knowledge of plumbing design, layout, sizing and coordination.
· An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· The ability to work as part of a team.
· The ability to meet deadlines.
· Sound knowledge of engineering design principles and MEP production.
· Experience with plumbing, mechanical sheet metal and mechanical piping layouts and design.
· Knowledge of enterprise level project workflows and collaboration with other team consultants.
· Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
· Professional presence and demeanor.
· College degree preferred.