The basic functions of this job are to plan, organize, and to perform work having to do with the installation, removal, alteration, or repair of plumbing and drainage systems or parts thereof.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
- Communicates effectively to customers regarding the decisions made and the progress of projects using phone calls, meetings, and other materials.
- Participates in periodic Company meetings to disseminate information, obtain feedback, identify and solve problems, and share other information.
- Keeps the Plumbing Department Manager apprised of the status of projects and key activities that he/she has been assigned to perform within the Department.
- Responsible for maintaining a productive work area, as well, as a clean and stocked vehicle, and continually looks for ways to improve productivity, better work flow, identify improved work methods, etc.
- Assists Plumbing Department Manager with strategic planning and budgeting for the Department that meets the Company's mission and goals while making full use of the Company's assets in achieving targeted earnings, sales, and profits.
- Ensures assigned Department projects are done as requested, and followed through with proper change orders, paperwork, etc.
- Resolves or minimizes any physical, mechanical, site problems, or work conditions regarding construction performed by the Department to the satisfaction of the clients, inspectors, and Company.
- Assists if needed, with the profitable estimation of job quotes within the Department.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of all time cards, requested reports and documents, that must be completed for the Department.
- Ensures that actual project performance is compared to the estimate on all projects in order to assess performance towards on-time and on-plan completion of projects.
- Follows the Company’s safety policies, OSHA standards, common safety practices, and use of protective equipment within the Department. Recommends changes as needed to update the Company’s Safety Program.
- Maintains current with technical aspects of the products and changes in the industry.
- Serves as a technical resource for the Company regarding materials, workflow, production processes, and equipment used in the assigned Department, Service Division, and Warehouse.
- Available, when possible, during day shifts, at night, and on weekends as a technical resource for problems or repairs within the Department and the Service Division.
- Fairly and consistently applies Company and personnel policies within the Department.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Two or more years of schooling in an accredited Plumbing or trade school or a mechanical degree
Required: Two or more years experience as a plumber with a plumbing contractor, construction, repair, service, or maintenance company.
- In lieu of work experience, 18 months of full time schooling from an accredited trade school.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Individuals must possess skills, knowledge, and abilities described in the field positions within the assigned Department.
- Ability to work on multiple construction projects as time may be required.
- Must be able to learn and understand the codes and rules of the plumbing industry as set forth by the Minnesota Health Department and the Minneosta Department of Labor, along with any and all city amendments relative to plumbing installations and repairs.
Required: Valid driver’s license, registered with The Minnesota Department of Labor as an apprentice or a licensed plumber
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred: Minnesota State Plumbing License; trade school certificate in related areas
Must have the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods. The employee must have a full range of body movements, including the use of his or her hands to finger, handle, and feel objects. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required. The employee must have command of four senses: sight, hearing, touch, and smell. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift focus from computer screens to close forms and inspect documents, and to analyze the quality of the work required or performed with the Division. The employee must have the ability to lift 25 pounds with regularity and occasionally more than 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of duties for this job description will be performed within both an indoor and outdoor environment. Work frequently requires the employee to travel and work or meet at customer sites. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto hazards will apply. Site construction may require lifting, climbing, twisting, etc. to uncover existing conditions or problems and examine proposed or completed work. The body must perform the normal duties of twisting, reaching, and hand movements required to uncover and examine such conditions as well as performing day-to-day construction duties. Work will typically consist of five (5), eight hours days per week, however, may require additional hours from time to time to complete project schedules within extreme deadlines. Refer to Company handbook for workday schedules.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Best Representation Statement
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
Welsh Companies - 12 months ago
Welsh is a full-service commercial real estate company, established in 1977. For over 30 years, Welsh Companies has and continues to provide...