Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno , Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Since 1951, the legendary Horseshoe Casino has been all about the gambler. We know how to make our guests feel like big fish. Our service is secondary to none, our casinos are nice and our amenities keep our guests wanting more. We have a confidence that comes from working for the number one casino brand in every market in which we operate.
The Horseshoe Casino legend continues at Horseshoe Casino Cleveland. Horseshoe team members enjoy comprehensive health benefits (health, vision, dental), 401K, tuition reimbursement, job training, nearly limitless career opportunities and the thrill of being part of the best team in the casino industry.
Now is your chance to join the premier casino brand in the world! We invite you to become a part of our excitement! We are looking for individuals who are interested in a fun and rewarding career opportunity, a strong desire to learn and the passion to make Horseshoe an unforgettable and one-of-a-kind service experience! We look forward to meeting you soon!
Reporting to the Director of Table Games, the Poker Manager is responsible for the overall operation, supervision and administration of the Poker Room. Also responsible for enhancing the growth of gaming revenues through the development of our customer base. Maintains relationships with valued gaming guests and markets our gaming product to potential high-limit guest.
Manages the operation of the Poker Room with his/her Floor Supervisors, ensuring the highest quality customer service is maintained. Maintains security of all Poker games, monies and personnel. Remains alert to any unusual or questionable activity by employees or customers and takes appropriate action to correct the situation within established policies and procedures. Greets guests in the casino and participates in social events and special promotions.
Strong leadership and decision making skills Professional attitude and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization Ability to network with people within the property, company, industry and regulatory community as needed to effectively manage our poker business Ability to act as a department head and successfully manage all aspects of the Poker Room operation Creation and execution of marketing promotions to drive incremental business Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount. Serves as a dynamic, positive leader, while fostering teamwork, employee morale, motivation and open communication. Acts as a role model and coach while developing employees using a consistent, approachable demeanor and clearly articulating expectations. Ensures that team members clearly understand and are held accountable for their performance expectations. Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups when consistent superior performance is attained. Works as a change agent to improve and streamline department operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness and value. Demonstrates excellent facilitator skills in resolving conflicts between different points of view.
Demonstrates leadership skills in determining a vision, aligns and inspires the team to achieve the vision. Coordinates with other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction and efficient operations in a safe, friendly, comfortable environment, by well-trained, motivated employees. Recommends and implements change to improve overall employee and guest satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team-building and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must have a track record of personally providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of three years experience as a Poker Dealer and/or Poker Floor Person is required.
- Must be willing to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- 2 or more years Supervisory or Management experience, preferably in the gaming industry
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to move in and around the casino floor.
- Candidate must be able to read, speak, and understand basic English.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many customers’ demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance and work at a desk when performing clerical functions.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized and paying attention to detail.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate the computer and necessary office equipment.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug testing, background checks, and applicable Ohio Casino Control Commission licensing requirements.
Horseshoe Casino Cleveland - 20 months ago