Hiring Salary Range: $38,833 - $48,547 depending on qualifications
Full Salary Range: $38,833 - $58,260
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for overseeing the accreditation/re-accreditation process for the Police Department in compliance with and adherence to standards established by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
Examples of Duties:
• Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with CALEA standards;
• Conducts regular reviews of policies and procedures and recommends changes when indicated by CALEA updates, changes, or modifications;
• Researches policies and procedures from other agencies;
• Disseminates new and revised policies and procedures to department personnel;
• Maintains accreditation files;
• Writes and edits a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, and other materials as required;
• Reviews all areas of the Police Department to ensure compliance with policy and CALEA standards are being followed;
• Coordinates on-site CALEA assessments and inspections; prepares and submits required reports and documentation to CALEA; prepares the department for re-accreditation;
• Serves as liaison between police administration, other department employees, and outside agencies in all accreditation efforts;
• Provides accreditation related training to department personnel; ensures appropriate training for department employees on all new and revised policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, public administration, business management, or a related field; and
• Three to five years of related experience.
Experience in a law enforcement or criminal justice system and in preparing and submitting written reports or other documents to regulatory or compliance agencies preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and understanding of CAEA standards and the accreditation process;
• Thorough knowledge of research and analysis methods and techniques;
• Skill in operating assigned office equipment, including computer equipment and various software packages;
• Ability to produce written documents in English with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar;
• Ability to interact professionally and cooperatively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, officials, and the general public;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to individuals and/or groups;
• Ability to research, collect, organize, and analyze data, and to prepare clear, concise reports;
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
• Valid driver's license
City of Greenville, NC - 4 months ago