The Olathe Police Department offers college students the opportunity to participate in a non-paid college credited internship program. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a project, as well as gain experience in numerous areas within the department.
- Contribute to research and administrative projects for the Olathe Police Department.
- Participate in a mock interview.
- Participate in ride-alongs with police personnel.
- Job shadow personnel across various assignments in the Police Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
Students interested in this program must meet the following minimum requirements :
- U. S. Citizenship and at least 18 years of age.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Must be earning college credits for the internship.
- Must abide by Olathe Police Department rules and regulations.
- Must pass interview, Polygraph Examination and Background Investigation.
- Must be willing to sign liability wavers.
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
Internship June 2014- August 2014
This position is an unpaid , educational internship (see Department of Labor Fact Sheet #71 for more information).
Click here to view the Olathe Police Department Internship Program.
City of Olathe, KS - 13 months ago