Responsible for the protection of the public through the enforcement of State laws and City ordinances. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MUST BE FLORIDA CERTIFIED
- Answer complaints, investigate accidents, make arrests, conduct preliminary investigations, conduct citizen and business contacts, participate in stakeouts and patrol assigned areas.
- Testify in court, as needed.
- Prepare daily reports, booking reports, vehicle inventory reports, and accident reports, as required.
- May be assigned to other duties involving special training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must possess State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must meet requirements of periodic in-service training and weaponry qualifications.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, state statues and ordinances.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Able to establish and maintain effective internal/external working relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Able to operate necessary equipment, including vehicle, computer, radio, and firearm.
- Tasks involve sitting for extended periods of time; standing; walking; and performing other physical requirements commensurate with demands of position. Physical agility and fitness for performing duties that require potential exertion in subduing subjects; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; some lifting and carrying objects of light to heavy weight (5 to 100+ lbs). Must have good vision (corrective lenses acceptable); must be able to hear (hearing aids acceptable); must be able to speak (express or exchange of information by means of spoken words).
- Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying and adverse weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and potentially dangerous environments.
- May be exposed to odors, diseases, chemicals, and excessive noise.
- May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and during emergency situations.
The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that would be performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification.
City of Fort Myers, FL - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard